- Social Ambassador – promoting the organization and its work through your personal social media. Find out more and sign up here.
- Helpline Advocate – Provide assistance to callers on the 24-hour call and text hotline for crisis management, referrals and intake.
- Legal Advocate – Guide, support and advocate for victims through domestic violence court proceedings.
- Confidential Sexual Violence Advocate – Serve as a member of the Sexual Assault Response Team, and assist survivors in making informed decisions and navigating available
systems and services.
- Domestic Violence Response Team – Work in conjunction with police during domestic violence callouts by supporting victims, providing resources and guiding them through the completion of the Temporary Restraining Order.
- Community Outreach – Provide information about domestic abuse, teen dating abuse, sexual abuse, and Safe+Sound Somerset services to the community.
- Financial Empowerment Center – Assist with workshops and individual coaching sessions.
- Safe House Support – Provide transportation, shop for food and assist with other general needs at the Safe+Sound Somerset Safe House.
- Office Support – Assemble mailings or assist with other projects.
- Special Events – Assist with the organization of events, such as our annual Candlelight Vigil and fundraising events throughout the year.
- Project Volunteers – Groups from local businesses, organizations and schools implement projects such as gardening, painting and storage.
Safe+Sound Somerset recognizes the changing needs of survivors and is always seeking new programs and opportunities to meet these needs. We always welcome new ideas! If you have an area of expertise or interest not listed above and would like to lend a hand, please call our office at 908.359.0003 or email us at [email protected].