- Social Ambassador – promoting the organization and its work through your personal social media. Find out more and sign up here.
- Legal Advocate – Guide, support and advocate for victims through domestic violence court proceedings.
- Hotline Advocate – Provide assistance to callers on the 24-hour call and text hotline for crisis management, referrals and intake.
- Domestic Violence Response Team – Work in conjunction with police during domestic violence callouts by supporting victims, providing resources and guiding them through the completion of the Temporary Restraining Order
- Community Outreach – Provide information about domestic abuse, teen abuse and Safe+Sound Somerset services to the community.
- Financial Empowerment Center – Assist with workshops and individual coaching sessions.
- Childcare – Supervise children while parents are in counseling or programs.
- Safe House Support – Provide transportation, shop for food and assist with other general needs at the Safe+Sound Somerset Safe House.
- Office Volunteer – Assemble mailings or assist with other projects.
- Life Skills/Activity Specialist – Teach life skills such as financial literacy and job readiness or conduct activities such as yoga and art.
- Special Event Planner – Assist with the organization of events, such as our annual Candlelight Vigil, Golf Outing and Fall Gala.
- Project Volunteers – Groups from local businesses, organizations and schools implement projects such as gardening, painting and storage.
- Youth Volunteer – Assist staff with activities such as organizing and sorting donations.
- General Volunteers – Volunteers donate space and skills such as photography, provide junk removal and much more!
Safe+Sound Somerset recognizes the changing needs of survivors and is always seeking new programs and opportunities to meet these needs. We always welcome new ideas! If you have an area of expertise or interest not listed above and would like to lend a hand, please call our office at 908.359.0003 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.