Increasing awareness within schools, the medical community, volunteer organizations, faith-based groups, businesses, neighborhoods and all communities in Somerset County is paramount in ending domestic abuse. That’s why we offer many types of presentations to fit your audience, free of charge. In addition, Safe+Sound Somerset advocates participate in public events, providing valuable information about recognizing abuse, getting help and helping others.
Training for Professionals:
- Law Enforcement
- Medical Practitioners
- Legal Professionals
- Social Service Providers
- Teachers & School Counselors
- “Cut It Out” for Salon Professionals
- Human Resources Professionals
We offer a variety of presentations for community organizations at your location, or at our location.
- Members of civic organizations such as Rotary & Elks learn about domestic abuse, its tremendous community impact and how they can help
- “Lunch and Learn” presentations address the dynamics of abuse, its impact on the workplace and how employees and employers can help
- Health Fairs
- Call us to provide information to members of your religious community
Presentations for Youth:
- Our trained youth counselors have a variety of age-appropriate presentations and discussion topics geared toward pre-teens and teens
- Let us help your adolescent group talk about dating abuse, date rape and social media safety
- Pre-teens and teens learn communication skills, explore aspects of healthy and respectful relationships and talk about coping skills
Please call 908-359-0003 ext. 223 for more information on community education programs.