Dear Community Members and Partners,
Safe+Sound Somerset has been working tirelessly over the last two weeks to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our staff, survivors and communities we serve.
Be assured that our commitment to survivors and their children has not changed. We know that during times of crisis, and especially forced isolation, incidents of domestic violence often rise, and violence escalates. During this time, it is even more critical that we ensure continuity of services for survivors.
We will continue to adapt our services to abide by public health directives to reduce the spread of the virus and keep everyone safe, while working to ensure that our most essential services for safety and security are available to anyone in need.
Following is an update on services at Safe+Sound Somerset:
- Our call and text hotline remains available 24/7 at 866-685-1122. The statewide hotline is also available at 1-800-572-SAFE (7233), and can help direct survivors to the resources closest to them.
- Volunteers shifts have been cancelled to ensure the safety of our volunteers.
- We are not accepting any in-person donations. This is for your safety as well as the safety of our staff and clients. Please see information below about how you can help.
- Services will now be offered primarily through remote options. We are committed to ensuring these services remain safe and confidential.
- We have asked staff to stay home if they exhibit any symptoms of illness.
- We are working closely with our funders and community partners and will let you know about additional changes and needs as they arise. Please check our website at www.safe-sound.org/COVID-19.
How You Can Help
- We have already experienced rising costs due to this pandemic. Your support and donations are needed even more during this time. You can donate securely via www.safe-sound.org/donate or by calling 908-359-0003, ext. 201.
- eGift Cards are incredibly helpful right now and can be directed to [email protected]. We have an increased need for cleaning supplies, as well as technology to allow us to offer remote services. We also expect our clients to have unanticipated needs. To help us meet these needs, we are gratefully requesting gift cards to Shop-Rite, Amazon, Walmart, and Target.
- We are also keeping an Amazon Wish List updated at www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/38969, and would greatly appreciate your donations. (Please be patient as items are selling out quickly).
- Follow us on social media (Facebook/Instagram/LinkedIn/Twitter) and share information with your networks. It is essential that victims and families know where to reach out for support.
We are continuing to adjust as this situation evolves, and will keep you updated. We appreciate your support and understanding during this time, and wish you and your families continued health.
Michele E. Boronkas